Almost all blogging software is unique in it’s own way. You find some have unique features while others have standard features found in all other blogging software. When it comes to SEO Toronto Services not many blogging software packages are up to par. In fact, even some of the most SEO friendly blogs still have drawbacks, mostly with duplicate content. The issue is you can find the same content for a blog article at 3 or more URLs on your site, which search engines would consider as duplicate content. Lets review a list of things SEO wise a blog should have or do.
1. Static Search Engine Friendly URLs. (ex. www.blog.com/post/how-to-blog.com)
2. RSS Feeds (feeds should only display a summary of posts, not the entire post)
3. Create Unique Meta Tags Per Post (title, keywords, description, etc)
4. Customizable (ability to change design, layout, colors, etc)
5. Proper Internal Linking (all pages should some how inter-link with one another)
6. W3C Validated (all pages should successfully pass w3c validation)
Most likely there are other things to consider when picking out the most search engine friendly blogging software, but the above list is the basic things to look for. You’ll see a small list below of blogging software Civic SEO picked out, they are not in any specific order. Contact us to report bad links or to get your blogging software added to the list.
Search Engine Friendly Blogging Software
* www.wordpress.org – WordPress
* www.b2evolution.net – b2evolution
* www.blogger.com – Blogger (This is also a free hosted blog service)
* www.movabletype.org – Moveable Type
We would love to help this list grow, please contact us with your favorite search engine friendly blog software today!